CluedIn understands the power of data. That is why we treat all data with respect.
We collect various information about you in connection with the operation of CluedIn. The following guidelines describe in detail what type of information we collect, how we deal with the collected data, and who to contact if you have questions or comments to our guidelines. We collect information about your use of CluedIn in two ways: Through 'cookies' and through registration and use of the services.
When you visit our website the first time you will be asked whether you accept the use of our cookies. A cookie is a small text file stored in your web browser and registering you as a unique user. This cookie identifies our web server when you visit the Website and detect your use.
A cookie can contain text, numbers, or for example, a date, but there is no personal information contained in a cookie. It is not a program and cannot contain viruses.
Most browsers allow you to erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should be aware that in this case there may be services and features you cannot use because they require cookies to reuse choices you make. We hope that you will allow the cookies we set, as they help us improve our website and services. We also provide you with the option to reject un-necessary cookies when browsing our website.
On the website we use Google Analytics to analyse how users use CluedIn. The information generated by the cookie about your use (traffic data, including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on Google's servers in the United States. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of CluedIn, compiling reports on the activity on CluedIn and providing other services relating to the operation of the website and the services and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required by law or if third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Google Analytics places two types of cookies: A persistent cookie that indicates whether the user is recurrent, where the user is coming from, what search engine is used, keywords, etc. A session cookie, which are used to show when and how long a user is on the site. Session cookies expire after each session, that is, when you close your tab or browser. Google will not compare your IP address with other data Google holds. Most browsers allow you to erase cookies from Google Analytics. Read more about Google Analytics.
Our GDPR legal basis
Under the GDPR and UK GDPR our legal basis for collecting, using and processing the Personal Information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it. In most circumstances, the legal bases on which we rely are: (a) performance of a contract (e.g. to fulfil our obligations under the applicable licence terms and conditions), (b) legitimate interest (e.g. information security) or (c) compliance with legal obligations (e.g. responding to a data subject request). Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your Personal Information.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information from or about you in the following ways:
- Provided by You. We collect information provided by you when you (1) communicate with us or request information about or from us by e-mail or other means; (2) sign-up or register for any of our newsletters, materials or use of our services; or (3) use any of our support services.
- Automatic Collection. We also use automatic data collection technologies to collect and store certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns when you interact with our websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your information to:
- Provide information and services requested by you
- Provide customer support, including responding to your requests and questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems or complaints
- Verify the information you provide to us
- Communicate with you
- Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in, our services, and content, and the products, services, and content offered by others
- Develop and display products, services, and content tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites
- Provide you with promotional materials
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our services, content, and programming
- Manage our business and operations
- Protect the security and integrity of our website
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Fulfil any other purposes for which you provide your information and for any other purpose as described to you at the time your information is collected or for which your consent is given
Like mosts websites, we have various integrated third party services which help us to track behaviours across our channels, as well as a CRM that collects and stores your interactions, as well as personal details you supply via forms. These third parties include LinkedIn, Google Ads, HotJar and HubSpot. We treat this data with absolute respect and use it ultimately to benefit our users, by tailoring content, remembering choices and monitoring analytics to make out entire experience better. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the CluedIn website and any associated services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices.
How to Contact Us
If you have additional questions regarding CluedIn, we will be happy to answer them as quickly as we can. If you believe you have found issues on CluedIn, we encourage you to let us know right away.